- Getting Started
- Payment Options
- Moving Premises
- Emergency Essentials
- Meter reads
- How to Read Your Gas Invoice
- How to Read Your Electricity Invoice
- Technical Services
- Electricity Half-Hourly Data
- Questions and Answers
- Financial Assistance
- Demand Side Response
- Deemed Rates
- Getting Started
Automated Meter Reading (AMR)
Eliminate estimated bills and manage your energy with Total Gas & Power's Automated Meter Reading (AMR) services.
What is AMR?
Total Gas & Power's Automated Meter Reading (AMR) solution fulfils two distinct requirements:
1. The automatic, remote provision of accurate meter reading data for energy billing, and
2. The provision of fine-grained consumption data for time of use monitoring and energy management(i).
AMR is recognised by government schemes, such as the CRC Energy Efficiency Scheme, and voluntary standards, such as ISO 50001, as an approved method for the collection of energy data from fiscal meters. AMR offers many advantages over manual reading but it can be particularly beneficial for organisations under the following circumstances:
- Multi-site estates where the burden of collecting regular meter reading data is significant.
- The meter is not readily accessible e.g. due to site location, opening hours or security restrictions.
- Where numerous meter readings are required within a given window, e.g. to support a particular invoicing cycle or facilitate benchmarking and monitoring and targeting activity.
- Where time of use consumption data (down to half-hourly intervals) is required with minimum delay to facilitate energy management or monitor the effectiveness of energy saving initiatives.
(i) Vesma, Vilnis. 2009. Energy Management Principles and Practice. Published by BSI.
How does it work?
Our AMR solution uses wireless technology that allows for remote communication between Total Gas & Power and your meter. Your meter generates a pulse for each unit of energy that passes through it, which the AMR equipment counts and records. This information is sent from the AMR device to Total Gas & Power via SMS (Short Messaging Service) technology on a daily basis. The meter reading data is then used to deliver accurate invoices, while detailed daily and within-day consumption data is provided for your use via our dedicated and secure AMR Portal.
What are the benefits of AMR?
Regular, accurate meter readings are a benefit to all customers but AMR is particularly useful for anyone concerned with cutting their energy usage and carbon emissions. Customers who install AMR typically enjoy the following benefits:
- AMR minimises the need for onsite meter reading. This reduces the disruption caused by manual meter read collection. It also minimises the potential for human error in data entry.
- Regular, accurate meter reads will eliminate estimated bills. For many organisations this will lead to significant cost savings from more efficient invoice processing, fewer bill validation issues and reduced paperwork.
- Accurate meter reads will improve forecasting and reduce exposure to environmental taxes. Accurate reads will enable organisations to take control of their energy budget. Larger organisations who participate in the government's CRC Energy Efficiency Scheme will also avoid the 10% uplift applied to estimated consumption.
- AMR is a powerful tool for cutting energy consumption and emissions. AMR enables organisations to detect and eliminate energy wastage, set reduction targets and monitor performance, benchmark sites, identify energy saving opportunities and evaluate and report the success of energy and carbon reduction projects. According to the Carbon Trust, savings of 2-3% can achieved from behavioural change, reinforced by a further 5-20% saving from active control of wastage and investment in energy efficiency(ii).
- Total Gas & Power's AMR solution qualifies for the Early Action Metric under the CRC Energy Efficiency Scheme. This will deliver CRC League Table performance benefits.
- Improved management of compliance risk. AMR provides valuable information to help organisations anticipate and comply with environmental legislation, such as the EU's Energy Performance of Buildings Directive and the proposed Energy Efficiency Directive.
(ii) Vincent, David. 2006. A Carbon Trust Perspective on smarter metering in the non-domestic sector.
Why Total Gas & Power's AMR Solution?
We provide an end-to-end AMR installation and data management service, including access to your AMR data via our fully supported online AMR Portal.
Each AMR installation project is assigned to a dedicated Total Gas & Power project manager who will oversee all aspects of the installation and commissioning work and keep you regularly updated on progress.
Our qualified installers will fit the AMR equipment to many meters in less than thirty minutes with no disruption to your supply. On occasions where the in-situ meter does not have a functioning pulse output, we can arrange for the meter to be exchanged. Once the AMR equipment is installed, we will validate the read and consumption data against actual meter reads before "signing off" the installation. From this point, the AMR consumption data will be accessible via our secure AMR Portal, enabling you to take control of your energy usage.
We offer a range of AMR services to cater for different customer needs, from two meter reads per month through to daily delivery of a meter read plus half-hourly consumption.
To date, we have installed over 15,000 AMR devices for our customers and it is this experience that makes Total Gas & Power's AMR solution industry-leading.
In June 2010, our AMR service was awarded Total's Ecosolutions label, the guidelines for which were established in accordance with the principles set out in the ISO 14020 and 14021 standards. This externally verified label recognises the contribution that Total Gas & Power's AMR service is making to reducing energy usage and carbon emissions.
To find out more about how your organisation can benefit from Total Gas & Power's AMR solution, please contact us on:
Tel: 01737 275844